Hi, Everyone! Let’s make this Monday a great one, why don’t we! Today’s post is yet another soup. I clearly really really really love soup. Soup of all kinds and all flaves. But today’s soup is a Corn & Potato Chowder that might be the coziest of them all. Chunky Potatoes and Creamy Corn join forces to create one delicious pot of love.
Do you all love soup as much as I do? I mean lets get real: they are SO easy, only one pot is required, it’s comforting, healthy, and always delicious. The list of why I love soup is never ending, but I will stop there.
This Chowder is easy as pie. Chop up those onions and garlic (a necessity of pretty much any recipe) and set those babies aside. Now peel your potatoes and cut them into 1 inch cubes. Heat some oil in a stock pot, throw in the onion, garlic, and potatoes and saute for 5-7 minutes. Toss in those spices and give it a good stir. Once the spices are nice and fragrant, pour in the broth and flour mixture and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for a good 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Once the potatoes are soft and the soup has thickened up, stir in the cream. Season with more salt & pepper if necessary. Serve in bowls and top with fresh chives!! ENJOY!!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5½ c chicken stock
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1½ c whole milk
- 2 T flour
- 4 T water
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- Chopped chives, as garnish
- Heat oil in a large stockpot. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and potatoes; saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile add water to a small bowl, then mix in the flour and whisk until runny and no lumps remain. Add more water if necessary, and set Aside.
- Toss the spices into the pot and give it a good stir. Once the spices are nice and fragrant, pour in the broth and flour mixture, and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Once the potatoes have softened and the soup has thickened, stir in the milik & add more salt & pepper, if necessary.
- Serve in Bowls with fresh chives and ENJOY!!!