- 2 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3–4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 8 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 c green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 1 1/4 c peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1–2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, broth, potatoes, and spices, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until potaotes are tender. Then add green beans, peas, and corn, and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in Bowls with Saltine Crackers.