Two things i’m loving about today: this Vegetable Soup & the Cold Temps outside.
Texas doesn’t get cold very often, so when it does, I soak up every moment! I love getting cozy with a big bowl of soup and turning on a good flick.
This Pot of Vegetable soup is so incredibly easy, hearty, and delicious. I could easily eat 4 bowls of it in one sitting, but that mighttttt be veggie overload.
I’m off work today all cozied up at home with my sweet cuddly pup & a big pot of yummy soup on the stove. That’s an ideal winter day if you ask me. This soup can be thrown together ahead of time, and you can just let it simmer on the stove for a few hours or re-heat when you’re ready to eat. I prefer my vegetable soup be served with saltines, but of course serve it with whatever your heart desires.
Stay warm out there, friends! And enjoy this delicious soup!!!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-7 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3–4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 8 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 c green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 1 1/4 c peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1–2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, broth, potatoes, and spices, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until potaotes are tender. Then add green beans, peas, and corn, and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in Bowls with Saltine Crackers.