FOR THE BOWLS:
- 1 c white rice (can also sub cauliflower rice for low-carb option)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 c Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (recipe below, can also use store bought roasted salsa verde)
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Cherry tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, green onion, lime wedges, jalapeños, sour cream, salsa
FOR THE SALSA:
- 10–12 tomatillos, husk removed and washed
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 2 serrano peppers, stems removed
- 2 jalepenos, stems removed
- Juice of 1–2 limes
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 2 large handfuls cilantro
- To prepare the salsa, line baking sheet with foil and pre-heat broiler.
- Place tomatillos, onions, Serrano’s, and jalepenos on baking sheet and roast until all sides are nicely charred. Turn once tops are charred until all sides are nicely roasted… (about 20-25 minutes)
- Toss everything in the blender/food processor including juices, and add lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Pulse until desired consistency is acheived.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken and 1 1/2 c tomatillo salsa.
- To assemble the bowls, add rice to each bowl followed by chicken and toppings of choice!