Super Easy 5 Ingredient Baked Mexican Chicken
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 chicken cutlets (or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1–12 oz jar red salsa of choice
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Salt + Pepper
- black beans and rice
- cauliflower rice and roasted veggies
- on top of salad
- Slice up for tacos
- eat by itself!!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease casserole dish.
- Season cutlets really well with salt and pepper then arrange into casserole dish.
- Top with taco seasoning and then pour entire jar of salsa over the tops on the chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees and juices run clear (plus/minus a few minutes depending on the size of your chicken!)
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve!