- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1–2 T ghee or olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 c basil leaves, rolled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 9 x 14 baking dish.
- Place each spaghetti squash half cut side down onto baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a medium sized skillet. When hot, add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Now add garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Saute an additional 4-5 minutes.
- When squash is done roasting, use a fork to separate strands and place into a large serving bowl. Toss with basil and goat cheese, and season with more salt and pepper if needed.