Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c chicken broth
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2– 15 oz cans rotel (or fire roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, red onion, avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes, crema
- Add everything but the beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro to your slow Cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pot and transfer to cutting board or stand mixer, however you prefer to shred your chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back to crock pot along with beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro. Cover and cook on low an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice.