For the Chicken:
- 2 1/2 c cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works as well)
- 2–3 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo sauce, seeded and roughly chopped (depending on your spice preference)
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from can
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
For the taquitos:
- 10–12 Siete Almond Flour Tortillas (can use corn or flour as well) *see notes
- 2 avocados, diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt, to taste
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T red onion. finely chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- Pico de Gallo, for serving, optional
- Sour Cream, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the chicken, chiles, adobo sauce, greek yogurt, spices, and cheese.
- Stack up tortillas and wrap with a dish towel; heat up tortillas for 20-30 seconds before filling them up to help prevent them from breaking.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the filling into a line across the bottom half of the tortilla. Use your judgement if using smaller tortillas; you want to be careful not to overfill as they may break.
- Roll tightly and place seam side down onto baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with avocado/olive oil spray, can also brush with oil.
- bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While those are baking, prep the avocado salsa. Combine avocado, lime juice, salt, cilantro, and red onion. Adjust lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve Taquitos with avocado salsa and sour cream.
*Corn tortillas are smaller and not as sturdy as flour or Siete, so you will most likely need more than 10-12 tortillas.