These Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Taquitos are SO DANG DELISH.
Everyone loves a crispy taquito dunked in a creamy, zesty sauce, am I right?! I’m also pretty positive we all love when a meal comes together in under 30 minutes. Woo Hoo!
I try to utilize my slow cooker whenever possible because it saves me time and is so so easy, especially if you’re working a full time job or busy running your kids around town all day. Once your chicken is cooked and shredded, i’m talkin’ only 10 minutes of prep needed. The best part is these taquitos can be served as an appetizer or for dinner. They are most definitely a healthier version of the deep fried taquitos we all know and love, however, I can assure you they are just as delicious!They do have a kick, so feel free to adjust the amount of chipotle if you don’t want it as spicy.Print
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, shredded
- 2–3 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo sauce, minced + 1-2 tsp sauce from can (more or less depending on your spice preference)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime + wedges for serving
For the taquitos:
- 12– 7 inch flour tortillas (can also use corn or Siete grain free tortillas)
- 2 1/2 c shredded cheese, such as pepper jack, Monterey Jack, or cheddar.
- Queso Fresco, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
- Shredded lettuce, for serving
- Pico de Gallo, for serving
- Salsa Verde, for serving
- Combine chicken, broth, chipotle paste, lime juice, garlic, and spices in a large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Shred chicken using two forks and place back in slow cooker until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Stack up tortillas and wrap with a dish towel; heat up tortillas for 20-30 seconds before filling them up to help prevent them from breaking.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 c of the shredded chicken mixture and 3-4 T shredded cheese. Roll up tightly and place seam side down onto baking sheet. (You may need to secure with a toothpick)
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray and bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Option to serve on their own or with shredded lettuce, queso fresco, sour cream, guacamole, pico de Gallo, and salsa of choice.