These Baked Chipotle Chicken Taquitos are so easy, beyond delicious, and a healthier alternative to your typical taquito!
These Baked Chipotle Chicken Taquitos are so easy to throw together and are the perfect appetizer, snack, or even weeknight dinner. They will be on the table ready to devour in less than 30 minutes. I shredded a few boneless, skinless chicken breasts in my crockpot because it’s so easy and I try to utilize my slow cooker whenever possible, however, you can absolutely use the meat from 1 rotisserie chicken if you prefer. That would obviously speed things up even more.
I used Siete Grain-free Almond Flour tortillas for these, but you can easily use corn or flour tortillas instead, depending on your preference. Taquitos are typically fried, however, we decided to bake these for two reasons: it’s easier and healthier!
Once you get the taquitos lined up seam side down on your parchment lined baking sheet, give them a quick spritz with olive or avocado oil spray. And if you don’t have any spray laying around, gently brush the tops with olive oil– that’ll do the trick!
Pop those bad boys in the oven and call it a day! Enjoy!Print
Baked Chipotle Chicken Taquitos
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 1x
For the Chicken:
- 2 1/2 c cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works as well)
- 2–3 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo sauce, seeded and roughly chopped (depending on your spice preference)
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from can
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
For the taquitos:
- 10–12 Siete Almond Flour Tortillas (can use corn or flour as well) *see notes
- 2 avocados, diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt, to taste
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T red onion. finely chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- Pico de Gallo, for serving, optional
- Sour Cream, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the chicken, chiles, adobo sauce, greek yogurt, spices, and cheese.
- Stack up tortillas and wrap with a dish towel; heat up tortillas for 20-30 seconds before filling them up to help prevent them from breaking.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the filling into a line across the bottom half of the tortilla. Use your judgement if using smaller tortillas; you want to be careful not to overfill as they may break.
- Roll tightly and place seam side down onto baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with avocado/olive oil spray, can also brush with oil.
- bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While those are baking, prep the avocado salsa. Combine avocado, lime juice, salt, cilantro, and red onion. Adjust lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve Taquitos with avocado salsa and sour cream.
*Corn tortillas are smaller and not as sturdy as flour or Siete, so you will most likely need more than 10-12 tortillas.