This Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala is super easy to make and perfect for those busy weeknights. The sauce is creamy, delicious, and jam packed with flavor. This is one of the best and easiest you will ever try!
- 1.5– 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1– 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T garam masala
- 1 T paprika
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 12 oz can unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 2 c cooked basmati rice (or sub cauliflower rice)
- Chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Grilled Naan, for serving
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chicken to your slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, tomato sauce, tomato paste and spices; stir to combine.
- Pour tomato-yogurt mixture over the chicken and onion, and toss to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir; let simmer an additional 15-20 minutes and serve over Rice with fresh cilantro and grilled naan bread.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Press saute function on your instant pot and allow to heat up for 30 seconds. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Now add spice mixture, stir together and cook another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Press cancel on the instant pot, and add chicken, yogurt, tomato sauce, tomato paste and ginger. Set pressure valve to “sealing”, and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release, and then carefully lift valve to “venting” and allow remaining pressure to release.
- Pour in coconut milk and stir. Put lid back on for a few more minutes while you prepare the rice and chopped cilantro.
- Serve in bowls with rice, chopped cilantro, and grilled naan bread.