Red Curry Shrimp Ramen
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 T butter
- 2 large shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 10 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini squash, halved
- 2 T red curry paste
- 3/4 tsp ginger paste (or freshly grated ginger)
- 1/4 c fish sauce
- 1/4 c sweet chili sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 1–14 oz can coconut milk
- 6 oz ramen noodles
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cilantro and Jalepeno slices, as garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, combine red curry paste, ginger, fish sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. When butter is hot, add shallots & garlic, and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and cook another 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Throw in zucchini and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in red curry mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in vegetable stock, coconut milk, and lime juice; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles to pot and cook for another few minutes.
- Serve in bowls with cilantro and jalepenos.