- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz chorizo, casing removed
- 1/3 c white onion, diced
- 1/4 c diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 c Oaxaca cheese, shredded (also called queso quesadilla)
- 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Tortilla chips or flour tortillas for serving
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat a medium sized cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess grease and set aside.
- Heat oil in a separate small cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onion and sauté for a few minutes, until translucent. Add green chiles and sauté another minute or so. Remove from heat.
- Add oaxaca and mozzarella cheese on top of onions and chiles. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, pile cooked chorizo to the center and place back under the broiler for an additional 5-6 minutes, until cheese is brown and bubbling.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips or roll up in tortillas!