The BEST Pumpkin Doughnuts with the creamiest Cream Cheese Frosting! The Perfect Holiday treat!
FOR THE DOUGHNUTS:
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin pie mix (or pumpkin puree)
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 T butter, softened
- 1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, combine sugars, pumpkin puree, vanilla, oil, and eggs, and mix until combined.
- Now add in flour, spices, and baking powder, and mix until no lumps and mixture is creamy.
- Fill each doughnut hole 3/4 of the way, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place onto wire racks to cool while you mix the frosting.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully frost each doughnut and sprinkle with chopped pecans and an extra dusting of pumpkin pie spice.