Hands down, the BEST Pumpkin doughnuts of all time. They are perfectly soft & fluffy, and covered in the creamiest cream cheese pecan frosting. And, aren’t they absolutely adorable?
I know I know, this is a super last minute post, but I HAD to share with you in the event you had time to whip these up before tomorrow’s feast. Words can’t even describe the goodness.. every.single.bite gets more and more heavenly. Would ya just look at that moistness? (cringe).
I planned on bringing all 18 doughnuts into work yesterday to share with my lovely co-workers, but by complete accident, I gobbled a few down during the photoshoot (let’s get real, we knew that would happen).
For this go round, I used Pumpkin Pie Mix instead of pumpkin puree because naturally I grabbed the wrong item as I was zipping through the aisles of target the other day. And I actually LOVED how they turned out, so just FYI that pumpkin pie mix will work too. AND they were beyond delicious!
Hopefully, I caught you in time or maybe you have all the ingredients in your casa to make these beauties for tomorrow’s gathering because they are an absolute MUST!
Either way, I hope you all have an AMAZING Thanksgiving with your friends and family. We have so much to be thankful for!! 🙂Print
Pumpkin Doughnuts with Cream Cheese Pecan Frosting
The BEST Pumpkin Doughnuts with the creamiest Cream Cheese Frosting! The Perfect Holiday treat!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 37 mins
- Yield: 18 doughnuts 1x
FOR THE DOUGHNUTS:
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin pie mix (or pumpkin puree)
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 T butter, softened
- 1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, combine sugars, pumpkin puree, vanilla, oil, and eggs, and mix until combined.
- Now add in flour, spices, and baking powder, and mix until no lumps and mixture is creamy.
- Fill each doughnut hole 3/4 of the way, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place onto wire racks to cool while you mix the frosting.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully frost each doughnut and sprinkle with chopped pecans and an extra dusting of pumpkin pie spice.