- 1 c almonds
- 1 c coconut flakes
- 3 T cacao powder
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c almond butter
- 1/4 honey (can substitute maple syrup if preferred)
- 2 c dark chocolate chips
- 2 T coconut oil
- 3–4 T cacao nibs
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- To prepare the crust, combine almonds, coconut,and cacao powder in a blender or food processor and blend for a minute or two.
- Add in dates, and blend until mixture is well combined and loose dough is formed.
- Transfer the almond date mixture to the baking dish and spread with your fingers to evenly distribute into the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter and honey and stir together. Pour on top of crust and using a spoon spread evenly over entire crust. Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour chocolate over almond butter filling, and again use a spoon to evenly distribute over the top. Sprinkle the top with cacao nibs and freeze an additional 10-15 minutes, until chocolate has hardened. Cut into squares, bars, or small bites and enjoy!
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or kept in the freezer for a frozen treat.