- 16 oz Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 2–3 T olive oil or Ghee
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- A few T shaved Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss Brussels with oil, shallot, garlic, sat, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Heat additional oil or ghee in a large cast iron skillet. Once oil is hot, add Brussels sprouts to skillet and let cook for 3-4 minutes before stirring.
- Now toss Brussels around in skillet and let cook an additional few minutes, until crispy and cooked.
- Create 4 holes in the Brussels and crack an egg in each hole. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until egg whites are set. (Helps to cover the skillet)
- Remove from heat, season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and serve with Parmesan and lemon wedges.