I’m so happy to see you again, Friday.
Can we take a moment to talk about how amazing one pan meals are? I mean, it doesn’t get much better than throwing everything in one pan.. talk about easy clean up. If you’re crunched for time like I am most days, one pan meals are incredibly helpful, delicious, and petty much fail-proof.
I especially love one pan meals for breakfast. Like this Lemon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Egg Skillet. The lemon and parmesan add such a tasty compliment to the crispy Brussels. And, add an egg to anything and we’re in heaven.. are you with us?
This breakfast can be prepped in about 10-15 minutes, and will be the perfect start to your morning! Adding some crispy bacon wouldn’t be horrible either. You’ll want to eat the eggs right away, so feel free to only add as many as you’re having that day. The Brussels can easily be re-heated the following day as well. Enjoy!!
Lemon Parmesan Brussels Sprout & Egg Skillet
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 2–3 T olive oil or Ghee
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- A few T shaved Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss Brussels with oil, shallot, garlic, sat, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Heat additional oil or ghee in a large cast iron skillet. Once oil is hot, add Brussels sprouts to skillet and let cook for 3-4 minutes before stirring.
- Now toss Brussels around in skillet and let cook an additional few minutes, until crispy and cooked.
- Create 4 holes in the Brussels and crack an egg in each hole. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until egg whites are set. (Helps to cover the skillet)
- Remove from heat, season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and serve with Parmesan and lemon wedges.