Instant Pot Salsa Chicken- quick, easy, and versatile shredded chicken recipe. Perfect for tacos, enchiladas, salads, etc. On the table in 30 minutes or less!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 c salsa
- Place chicken breasts into the base of your instant pot and season both sides with spices and top with salsa and chicken broth; make sure chicken breasts are completely covered by the salsa.
- Cook on meat/poultry high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, carefully release the pressure, and remove the lid. Transfer chicken breasts to your stand mixer or cutting board. If using a stand mixer, add paddle attachment and shred on low speed until shredded. If using a cutting board, shred using two forks.
- Place shredded chicken into a serving bowl and drizzle with leftover sauce from the pot, top with freshly chopped cilantro, and a generous squeeze of lime.
- Serve with tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, salads, burrito bowls, etc. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.