Quick and Easy Instant Pot Pork Carnitas! The most tender & delicious pork Carnitas made in less than an hour!
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 lbs Pork Shoulder
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 c mexican beer (I used Modelo)
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 T chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Jalepenos, as garnish
- In a mixing bowl or mason jar, combine lime juice, orange juice and zest, beer, and garlic; Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, chipotle chili powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Using this spice mixture, generously season all sides of pork.
- Select Saute function on your Instant Pot and wait until screen reads “hot”.
- Add oil to instant pot. Transfer pork to pot and sear on all sides (about 1-2 minutes per side). Remove from pot and press Cancel on the instant pot.
- Pour juice mixture into the Instant Pot, and add the Pork back to the pot. Select the meat function, turn the pressure to High, and set the time to 30 minutes. Secure the lid and turn valve to “sealing”.
- Allow the pressure to release on it’s own, then turn the valve to “venting” to fully release the remaining steam.
- Remove the pork from the instant pot and transfer to a cutting board; shred using two forks.
- Heat a few T oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, working in batches, add in the shredded pork and a few large spoonfuls of the sauce from the instant pot. Cook, tossing frequently, until crispy. *You can also put the shredded meat on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and broil in the oven until crispy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with chopped cilantro, jalepenos, and additional sauce if needed.