Individual Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casseroles (Make-Ahead)
- 3–4 c day old French bread, cubed
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- 12 large eggs
- 1 c whole milk
- Chopped chives, for serving
- 10, 8 oz ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray each ramekin with cooking spray and then set onto large baking sheet.
- Add a few cubes of bread to each ramekin and set aside.
- Next, heat a T of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add breakfast sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon, until fully cooked.
- Add onion, garlic, and spices to the sausage and cook another few minutes.
- Spoon the sausage mixture on top of the cubed bread in the ramekins, followed by a few T of shredded cheese.
- Now whisk up the eggs and milk really well, then pour on top of sausage mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Top with chopped chives and enjoy!!