Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2–3 T olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small zucchini squash, finely diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice (I used Trader Joe’s frozen rice packet to make it extra easy)
- 2 1/2 T taco seasoning
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cilantro, avocado, lime, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, for serving (all optional)
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and cook breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, taco seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until onion and zucchini are soft.
- Reduce heat to medium, add black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and rice; cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice and tortilla chips.