This Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet is made in ONE pot, ready in under 30 minutes, and perfect for the whole family. Filled with ground turkey, onion, garlic, black beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes, cooked rice, zucchini, and all seasoned with taco seasoning and finished with a little cheese.
This Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet is seriously the most perfect weeknight dinner. It’s so beyond easy, and a meal that the whole family will love. Even my toddler gobbled it up and asked for seconds.
What you will need to make this Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet:
- Ground Turkey– I love using ground turkey in this recipe because it’s leaner than using ground beef, however, feel free to sub beef if that is your preference!
- Zucchini– I wanted to sneak in some veggies in this recipe not only for myself but for my toddler as well! He ate every last bite.
- Black Beans
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes– you could use regular diced tomatoes if you can’t find fire roasted, they just don’t have as much flavor, so seasoning accordingly!
- White Rice- I always keep the Trader Joe’s organic jasmine rice in my freezer. It only takes 3 minutes to heat up and a total life saver!
- Taco Seasoning– My favorite taco seasoning is Siete Foods, however, any taco seasoning will work!
- Shredded Cheese– my go-to is a Mexican cheese blend, however, any cheese works great.
My favorite way to serve this Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet is in a bowl with tortilla chips, avocado, cilantro, and lime. It’s so delicious and so satisfying.
As always, if you make and love this recipe, please comment and review below. It is SO very appreciated!!! xo, LindsayPrint
Easy Turkey Taco Rice Skillet
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2–3 T olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small zucchini squash, finely diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice (I used Trader Joe’s frozen rice packet to make it extra easy)
- 2 1/2 T taco seasoning
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cilantro, avocado, lime, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, for serving (all optional)
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and cook breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, taco seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until onion and zucchini are soft.
- Reduce heat to medium, add black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and rice; cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice and tortilla chips.