Easy 30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 3 bell peppers (I used 1 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow), seeded and diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp pepper, to taste
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1– 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- Mexican shredded cheese blend
- tortillas chips
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, and garlic. Sauté for 4-6 minutes until the peppers and onion start to soften.
- Add spices and give it a nice toss.
- Pour in chicken broth and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in shredded chicken, black beans, and corn; simmer 5 more minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice!