This Easy 30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup is made in one pot, ready in under 30 minutes, and loaded with incredible Mexican flavors.
I find myself craving Chicken Tortilla Soup on the regular, and this recipe hits the spot every time. Not only because it’s so yummy, but because it couldn’t be easier and takes no time at all!
It’s cozy, warming, healthy, and always delicious. Loaded with bell peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, shredded rotisserie chicken, delicious spices, black beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes.
The rotisserie chicken in this recipe is key! It truly makes life so much easier, and I’m all about it. All you have to do is shred the chicken, chop the peppers, onions, garlic, and get to cooking! I’m telling ya– One pot. Thirty Minutes.
The leftovers are also super delicious, so I like to eat it for lunch throughout the week. It’s so nice to have prepped and ready.
I love toppings, so I load it up with anything and everything I have on hand: avocado, cilantro, lime, sour cream or greek yogurt, tortillas chips, etc.
I hope you love it!!! If you try it, as always I would greatly appreciate a comment or review below. Makes me so happy to hear what recipes you try and love! xo, LindsayPrint
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5–6 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 3 bell peppers (I used 1 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow), seeded and diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp pepper, to taste
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1– 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- Mexican shredded cheese blend
- tortillas chips
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, and garlic. Sauté for 4-6 minutes until the peppers and onion start to soften.
- Add spices and give it a nice toss.
- Pour in chicken broth and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in shredded chicken, black beans, and corn; simmer 5 more minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice!