These Chimichurri Steak Bowls for Two are the perfect weeknight dinner. Prep the sauce ahead of time and use throughout the week to jazz up anything from meats, veggies, salads, and more!
- FOR THE BOWLS:
- 1/2 lb flank steak, generously seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c chopped romaine
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- Chimichurri sauce (see recipe below)
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS MAY INCLUDE:
- Avocado, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, diced
- Jalepeno slices
- Red onion, diced
- 2–3 radishes, chopped
- Queso Fresca
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro, chopped
- FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
- 4–5 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I looooove garlic, so I most definitely use 5)
- 2 1/2 T white vinegar
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender or food processor; pulse until creamy.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and a few large spoonfuls of chimichurri; let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the quinoa or rice and prep the other bowl ingredients so that you’re ready to assemble when the steak is done.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the skirt steak to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- To assemble the bowls, add romaine, rice/quinoa, black beans, steak, avocado, tomatoes, jalepeno, red onion, radishes, queso fresca, lime wedges and cilantro. Top with a generous amount of chimichurri and dig in!