Chimichurri Steak Bowls for TWO.
This bowl is your oyster. The possibilities are truly endless and the best part is there is no “right” or “wrong” way to make this bowl or any bowl for that matter. Fill it with whatever you have on hand or whatever your chimichurri loving heart desires. You know I like allllllll the toppings, so i’m giving you full permission to LOAD EM UP and live your best life.
Toppings are everything. Zero limits. Give me everything. Especially when it involves all of my favorite things: avocado, jalepenos, onion, cilantro, lime, chimichurri…. you get the gist: I.WANT.IT.ALL.
Feel free to leave out the rice or quinoa to make it grain free, and just let yourself get creative. Do you have a can of corn? Add it. Pickled Jalapenos? You got it. Feel like grilling up some peppers and onions? YES.YES.AND.YES.
Have fun with it, and I hope you absolutely love!! Cheers to the freakin’ weekend!
Chimichurri Steak Bowls for Two
These Chimichurri Steak Bowls for Two are the perfect weeknight dinner. Prep the sauce ahead of time and use throughout the week to jazz up anything from meats, veggies, salads, and more!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- FOR THE BOWLS:
- 1/2 lb flank steak, generously seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c chopped romaine
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- Chimichurri sauce (see recipe below)
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS MAY INCLUDE:
- Avocado, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, diced
- Jalepeno slices
- Red onion, diced
- 2–3 radishes, chopped
- Queso Fresca
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro, chopped
- FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
- 4–5 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I looooove garlic, so I most definitely use 5)
- 2 1/2 T white vinegar
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender or food processor; pulse until creamy.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and a few large spoonfuls of chimichurri; let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the quinoa or rice and prep the other bowl ingredients so that you’re ready to assemble when the steak is done.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the skirt steak to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- To assemble the bowls, add romaine, rice/quinoa, black beans, steak, avocado, tomatoes, jalepeno, red onion, radishes, queso fresca, lime wedges and cilantro. Top with a generous amount of chimichurri and dig in!