Healthy and Easy Lunch Meal Prep. Chicken Salad and Quinoa Tabouli Lunch Boxes- no heating required!
For the Chicken Salad:
- 2 1/2 c cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded (depending on preference)
- 1/3 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 c mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Paleo Mayo, however, you can sub greek yogurt if you prefer or do half mayo/half yogurt)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 honey crisp apple, cubed
- 1 c red grapes, quartered
- 1/4 c red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Quinoa Tabouli:
- 3 c cooked quinoa (about 1 1/4 c uncooked)
- Juice of 2 large lemons, more if desired
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced (other half can be sliced and added to the lunch box)
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1 c grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the lunch boxes:
- 5 meal prep containers
- 2–3 c red grapes
- crackers, optional (would recommend packing separately to avoid them getting soggy)
- Combine all quinoa tabouli ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Adjust salt and lemon to taste, cover and store in fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- Add mayo, lemon juice, dijon, salt, pepper, tarragon, and garlic powder to a bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and remaining chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl followed by mayo mixture; stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- To assemble lunch boxes, add grapes to one compartment, quinoa tabouli to another, and chicken salad to the other. Serve with a lemon wedge, cucumber slices, and crackers. *See notes.
- Crackers: I would suggest packing separately so they don’t get soggy sitting in meal prep containers throughout the week.