I get a lot of requests from you babes for no-heat lunches that you could easily take to work with you, so here we are! These Chicken Salad and Quinoa Tabouli Lunch Boxes are perfect for lunch meal prep. They’re not difficult, healthy, and really really yummy.
I like using these Glass Meal Prep Containers because they are super durable, easy to clean and keep clean (unlike some plastic Tupperware that might end up getting ruined or stained by certain foods), and I also like that food can be heated up directly in the container. I have two sets, one without dividers and one with dividers for meals like this where I want to keep certain things separated.
These lunch boxes are easily adjustable if you don’t want grapes and want to sub a different fruit or even raw veggies with ranch dip. This is simply just a guideline to help you prep lunch ahead of time and not have to worry about it for the rest of the week!
I love hearing from you guys, so please please tag me if you make any of my recipes! Also, please feel free to reach out with any suggestions you have for me- always makes my day! Enjoy!!Print
Healthy and Easy Lunch Meal Prep. Chicken Salad and Quinoa Tabouli Lunch Boxes- no heating required!
For the Chicken Salad:
- 2 1/2 c cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded (depending on preference)
- 1/3 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 c mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Paleo Mayo, however, you can sub greek yogurt if you prefer or do half mayo/half yogurt)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 honey crisp apple, cubed
- 1 c red grapes, quartered
- 1/4 c red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Quinoa Tabouli:
- 3 c cooked quinoa (about 1 1/4 c uncooked)
- Juice of 2 large lemons, more if desired
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced (other half can be sliced and added to the lunch box)
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1 c grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the lunch boxes:
- 5 meal prep containers
- 2–3 c red grapes
- crackers, optional (would recommend packing separately to avoid them getting soggy)
- Combine all quinoa tabouli ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Adjust salt and lemon to taste, cover and store in fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- Add mayo, lemon juice, dijon, salt, pepper, tarragon, and garlic powder to a bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and remaining chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl followed by mayo mixture; stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- To assemble lunch boxes, add grapes to one compartment, quinoa tabouli to another, and chicken salad to the other. Serve with a lemon wedge, cucumber slices, and crackers. *See notes.
- Crackers: I would suggest packing separately so they don’t get soggy sitting in meal prep containers throughout the week.