This is an easy caramelized onion and bacon quiche recipe. Perfect for weekend brunch with friends or even breakfast meal prep!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 2 T butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 slices of center cut bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/4 c shredded gryuere/swiss cheese blend (or 1 cup of each)
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes-1 hour, until they are golden brown and are caramelized; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until crispy; transfer to a paper towel lined plate; set aside until they have cooled and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Layer caramelized onions, bacon, and cheese into the base of your crust. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.