I feel like I say this about a lot of things because I truly love any and all food, but Quiche seriously might be one of my most favorite things ever. And why don’t I make it very often? It’s not difficult whatsoever and is such a delicious breakfast, brunch, or entertaining essential!
When I was thinking about what kind of quiche I wanted to make for the blog the other day, I was between your good ole fashioned quiche lorraine and this amazingness– Caramelized onion and Bacon quiche loaded with Swiss and Gruyere. I mean…. what’s not to love about that??
With Easter just right around the bend, I wanted to share a few easy brunch staples that can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven before your guests arrive. This quiche is just that! Pair it with fresh fruit and mixed greens and you have yourself a simple yet satisfyingly delicious meal to serve! And of course, don’t forget those mimosa’s! I’ll be sippin’ on some fresh squeezed OJ this year since i’m, you know… pregnant.
Anywho, I hope you enjoy this recipe and most importantly I hope you enjoy Easter with your friends and/or family!Print
Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
This is an easy caramelized onion and bacon quiche recipe. Perfect for weekend brunch with friends or even breakfast meal prep!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 2 T butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 slices of center cut bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/4 c shredded gryuere/swiss cheese blend (or 1 cup of each)
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes-1 hour, until they are golden brown and are caramelized; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until crispy; transfer to a paper towel lined plate; set aside until they have cooled and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Layer caramelized onions, bacon, and cheese into the base of your crust. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.