FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
FOR THE LETTUCE WRAPS:
- Avocado oil (grapeseed or olive oil will work too)
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 c white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Green onions, as garnish
- Sriracha, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add ground chicken and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up until crumbly and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook another minute.
- Now add sauce, mushrooms, and water chestnuts to the pan and cook another few minutes, until mushrooms are cooked.
- Arrange lettuce wraps on a plate and spoon the chicken mixture into each. Garnish with green onions and serve with sriracha.