I could eat Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps every day, all day, for every meal, for all of the days of my life.
I’m obsessed with them times a million! And bonus points for being so so so so easy. The sauce is made of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil–yum to the yum yum yummy.
If you have a WOK, I would definitely use it, however, a large skillet works perfectly fine. I love using butter lettuce because it’s light and crisp & has the perfect little pockets to hold the chicken mixture, romaine and boston lettuce work great as well. Lettuce Wraps make for the perfect appetizer or low-carb dinner at home.
Simply arrange lettuce wraps on a plate, spoon the chicken mixture into each and garnish with green onions. I also like to serve with a generous side of sriracha for those that want a little extra heat. 🙂Print
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6-8 lettuce wraps 1x
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
FOR THE LETTUCE WRAPS:
- Avocado oil (grapeseed or olive oil will work too)
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 c white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Green onions, as garnish
- Sriracha, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add ground chicken and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up until crumbly and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook another minute.
- Now add sauce, mushrooms, and water chestnuts to the pan and cook another few minutes, until mushrooms are cooked.
- Arrange lettuce wraps on a plate and spoon the chicken mixture into each. Garnish with green onions and serve with sriracha.