5 Ingredient Sweet Potatoes with Garlic Spinach and Whipped Ricotta
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 Sweet Potatoes 1x
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 T butter
- 6–7 handfuls fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c whole milk ricotta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and dry each sweet potato. Pierce all over with a fork, then lightly brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, and place directly onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then split open with a knife and rub the insides with a little butter.
- To prepare spinach, heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach & garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
- Add ricotta to blender or food processor along with 1 tsp olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Fill each potato with garlic spinach, top with a dollop of whipped ricotta, and garnish with parsley.