This recipe was a total fridge clean out kinda thing, but it ended up being so delicious! It’s very quick and simple and only 5 ingredients! As a reminder, I don’t count olive oil, butter, salt and pepper as ingredients.
Simply bake your sweet potatoes until they are fork tender and skin is slightly crispy. I like sprinkling course Maldon sea salt on the skin before baking and it adds the perfect touch. While the potatoes are baking, prepare your sautéed spinach and whipped ricotta. That way, you’ll be ready to assemble and eat the minute those taters are done! You could always substitute kale instead of spinach and feel free to add anything else that sounds yummy!Print
5 Ingredient Sweet Potatoes with Garlic Spinach and Whipped Ricotta
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 Sweet Potatoes 1x
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 T butter
- 6–7 handfuls fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c whole milk ricotta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and dry each sweet potato. Pierce all over with a fork, then lightly brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, and place directly onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then split open with a knife and rub the insides with a little butter.
- To prepare spinach, heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach & garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
- Add ricotta to blender or food processor along with 1 tsp olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Fill each potato with garlic spinach, top with a dollop of whipped ricotta, and garnish with parsley.