5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken with Pineapple and Jalapeno
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1.5–2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa verde, more as desired
- 3/4 c diced pineapple
- Jalapeno slices
- Salt + Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Rice, for serving
- Black Beans, for serving
- Pat dry chicken thighs and then season really well with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Heat a few T avocado or olive oil in a non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken smooth side down and cook for 6 minutes. Flip, cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour in salsa and using a spoon cover the tops of all chicken with the salsa. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Top with fresh pineapple and jalapeños and serve! Option to add lime juice, cilantro, and radishes.
- You could serve over rice and beans, with tortillas, with cauliflower rice, etc.