This 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken with Pineapple and Jalapeno is made with tender chicken thighs, taco seasoning, salsa verde, fresh pineapple, and jalapeños.
It’s so easy and so yummy! Made in one skillet, ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect for busy weeknights at home.
I live for one skillet meals! Some days are so hectic, the last thing anyone wants to do is dirty up 5 different pots and pans just to quickly eat and have to clean up again.
I love this Salsa Verde Chicken with Pineapple and Jalapeno because it’s loaded with so much flavor but truly so simple using just 5 ingredients. Grab your favorite jarred salsa verde and store-bought taco seasoning and get ready to cook!
Start off by seasoning both sides of your chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Next, heat up a few T oil (I prefer using avocado oil but olive oil works as well) in your cast iron or non-stick skillet. I prefer cast iron for this recipe because it gives the chicken a really nice char.
When the oil is hot, add the chicken smooth side down and cook for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Then you’ll want to reduce the heat to low, pour in the salsa verde and simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked and really tender.
Just before serving, top with fresh pineapple and jalapeño. If you are adding any other toppings, go ahead and add those now too! (i.e fresh lime, cilantro, radishes, etc.)
I love serving this chicken over a bed of black beans and rice, but it would also be delicious in tacos. I hope you love!!Print
5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken with Pineapple and Jalapeno
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1.5–2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa verde, more as desired
- 3/4 c diced pineapple
- Jalapeno slices
- Salt + Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Rice, for serving
- Black Beans, for serving
- Pat dry chicken thighs and then season really well with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Heat a few T avocado or olive oil in a non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken smooth side down and cook for 6 minutes. Flip, cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour in salsa and using a spoon cover the tops of all chicken with the salsa. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Top with fresh pineapple and jalapeños and serve! Option to add lime juice, cilantro, and radishes.
- You could serve over rice and beans, with tortillas, with cauliflower rice, etc.