5 Ingredient Roasted Asparagus Soup
- 3–4 T olive oil
- 2 bunches of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 shallots, roughly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 c chicken broth (can sub veggie broth)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c heavy cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- spread asparagus into an even layer on baking sheet, top with shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle everything with olive oil. Roast for 18-20 minutes, until everything is nice and soft.
- Add everything from the Sheetpan to your blender or food processor, along with chicken broth and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper at this time. Option to stir in heavy cream.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil, cream, salt and pepper.