5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 3 large zucchini (4 if on the smaller side), ends removed, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 c marinara sauce (I like rao’s)
- 3/4 c Italian cheese blend (I used mostly shredded mozzarella and a few T grated parmesan)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- a few handfuls fresh spinach
- Fresh basil, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 9×14 rimmed Sheetpan with foil.
- Prepare zucchini boats and set aside.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through.
- Add garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning if using. Sauté for another minute or so, until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add marinara and stir to combine. Add fresh spinach if using and cook another minute or so until just slightly wilted.
- Spoon a little more than 1/3 c mixture into each zucchini boat. Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is golden and zucchini is cooked but still has a little bite to it.
- Option to garnish with fresh basil and serve!