I’m obsessed with anything Chicken Parmesan. I simply just love the flavors, so lately I’ve been coming up with new meals that have the chicken parmesan flavor and feel, but with a twist. These 5 ingredient Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats are Simple, healthy, and delicious. They are perfect for meal prep because they can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to heat up and eat.
As you’ve probably noticed, we LOVE 5 ingredient recipes in our house. They are quick & easy, but don’t lack any flavor I can promise you that! I like to use a few key ingredients that add a lot of flavor– in this recipe it’s the garlic and a good marinara sauce. You simply can’t go wrong.Print
5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 1x
- 3 large zucchini (4 if on the smaller side), ends removed, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 c marinara sauce (I like rao’s)
- 3/4 c Italian cheese blend (I used mostly shredded mozzarella and a few T grated parmesan)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- a few handfuls fresh spinach
- Fresh basil, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 9×14 rimmed Sheetpan with foil.
- Prepare zucchini boats and set aside.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through.
- Add garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning if using. Sauté for another minute or so, until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add marinara and stir to combine. Add fresh spinach if using and cook another minute or so until just slightly wilted.
- Spoon a little more than 1/3 c mixture into each zucchini boat. Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is golden and zucchini is cooked but still has a little bite to it.
- Option to garnish with fresh basil and serve!