- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sausage links, cut into bite sized pieces (I used artichoke & parmesan chicken sausage)
- 3/4 c white mushrooms, sliced
- 3–4 handfuls fresh kale, chopped
- 7 egg whites + 2 tsp water, whisked together
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3–4 T grated parmesan
- Preheat broiler and position the rack about 8 inches from the top.
- Crack the egg whites into a bowl and add 1-2 tsp water, salt, and pepper, and whisk together.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick oven proof skillet. Add the shallot, garlic, sausage, and mushrooms, and cook over moderately high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the kale, and continue cooking until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Evenly scatter the sausage and mushroom mixture on the bottom of the skillet, and Pour in the egg white mixture. Let the mixture set for about 1 minute, then tilt the pan to evenly distribute egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes, until the sides are set. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Transfer to broiler and cook an additional 1-2 minutes longer, until egg whites are fully set.
- Cut into wedges and serve!