- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 jalepeno peppers, stems removed (veins and seeds removed after roasting)
- 2 serrano peppers, stems removed
- 1/2 white onion, cut into large pieces
- Handful of cilantro
- Juice of 1 1/2– 2 limes
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
Stove top method:
- Heat Comal or cast iron skillet (no oil) until hot. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and serranos; cook, turning every few minutes, until all sides are completely charred.
- Add all charred tomatoes, onion, and peppers to the blender. Make sure to remove the veins and seeds from the roasted jalapenos prior to adding to the blender.
- Add lime juice and salt to blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add cilantro and pulse until cilantro has been chopped up but not pureed.
- Serve with chips, tacos, enchiladas, eggs, etc.!
- Preheat broiler and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add tomatoes, onion, and peppers to sheet pan in an even layer. Broil, turning every few minutes, until all sides of all items are very charred.
- Add roasted tomatoes, onion, and peppers to blender, making sure to remove the veins and seeds from the jalepenos first.
- Add in lime juice and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Now add cilantro and pulse until cilantro has been chopped but not pureed.
- Store in fridge or eat immediately! ENJOY!!