- 10 tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed to remove any stickiness
- 3/4 white onion, quartered
- 2 serrano peppers, stems removed
- 1 jalepeno, stems removed
- Juice of 1 1/2 – 2 limes
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 2 large handfuls cilantro
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and pre-heat broiler.
- Place tomatillos, onions, serrano’s, and jalepenos on baking sheet and roast until all sides are nicely charred. Turn once tops are charred until all sides are nicely roasted… (about 20-25 minutes)
- Toss everything in the blender/food processor including the juices from the pan, and add lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Blend until desired consistency is acheived.
- Serve with tortilla chips or keep in the fridge to put on eggs, quesadillas, tacos, etc. throughout the week!
Stove Top Method:
- Add tomatillos, peppers, and onion to comal or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook until all sides are very charred, turning every few minutes.
- Add all charred goods to blender along with lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Blend until you’ve reached desired consistency.
We like our salsa extra spicy, so feel free to reduce the amount of peppers. You can also remove the seeds for less heat!