Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup with Garlic Parmesan Potato Croutons
For the soup:
- 3–4 T olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 large leeks, sliced into 1/2 in pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 c italian cheese blend (I used Trader Joe’s Quattro Formaggio blend)
- 1 large handful chopped parsley
For the Croutons:
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 c Parmesan or white cheese blend (I used Trader Joe’s Quattro Formaggio blend for these as well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and shallots onto foil lined large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Put roasted vegetables in large stock pot with chicken broth and cook over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend together until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Add cheese and cream and stir together.
- Serve with fresh parsley, potato croutons, freshly cracked pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil!
- For the Croutons:
- Increase the oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all crouton ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Spread the potatoes onto a large greased baking sheet in a single layer, so that the potatoes aren’t on top of each other.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.