- 2 c shredded pork carnitas (see recipe)*
- 3–4 c chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 c purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 brown rice (optional)
- 1/4 c diced red onion
- 1–2 avocados, diced
- 1 Jalepeno, sliced
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges and salsa for serving
- Prepare Carnitas in your slow cooker or instant pot (see recipe). When meat is fully cooked, remove from pot and place onto cutting board to shred. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add carnitas and a few T sauce from the pot and cook until crispy.
- To assemble, divide romaine, carnitas, black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, cabbage, onion, jalepenos, and cilantro evenly among your meal prep containers. If you are adding rice, now is the time.
- To avoid avocado from browning, add to the salad the morning of or bring with you!
- Serve with lime wedges and salsa and enjoy!!
*Pork Carnitas can be substituted