Breakfast made easy with this Overnight Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole. Ideal for holidays or group gatherings-make it the night before and pop it in the oven before your guests arrive!
- 2 day-old everything bagels, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/4 c yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- a few dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar or cheese blend of choice
- Grease 9 x 13 casserole dish and set aside. Heat a 1-2 tsp of olive oil in a medium sized non-stick skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and no longer pink. Drain excess grease and set aside.
- Spread bagel pieces along the bottom of the greased casserole dish. Followed by cooked sausage mixture and half of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, half & half, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bagel mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the casserole, and bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.