*If you plan on freezing, Prepare the following in a freezer friendly dish. I used a 9 x 12 foil pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 12 (or similar) casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Discard any excess grease at this time.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add onion, garlic, and spices; cook for another 2-3 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Now add green chiles, black beans, corn, chipotle peppers, and salsa/enchilada sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- To assemble, layer 4 broken up tortillas along the bottom of your dish, followed by half of the ground beef mixture and half of the cheese, repeat with remaining ingredients.
- If baking right away, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes covered, uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- If freezing, let cool completely, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and then with foil. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to bake/enjoy, place in the fridge to thaw 24 hours prior then follow the above instructions.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve immediately.