Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1–15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- Avocado, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Jalepenos, sliced
- Lime Wedge
- Tortilla chips
- Select the saute function on your instant pot.
- When the screen reads ‘hot’, add oil and onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add garlic, poblano pepper, jalepeno pepper, and bell peppers to the pot, and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Press cancel on the instant pot. Add chicken, chicken stock, spices, tomatoes, and chiles; give it a quick stir.
- Secure lid and set valve to “Sealing”. Cook on Manual setting- high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, very carefully switch valve from “Sealing” to “Venting” and allow all pressure to release from the pot before opening the lid.
- Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to your stand mixer using the paddle attachment and slowly shred the chicken. You can also place chicken on a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- Add chicken back to the pot, along with lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice.