Instant Pot Bolognese
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 small white onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c Hearty red wine (cabernet or Italian red)
- 1– 28 oz can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 T tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley or Basil, as Garnish
- Grated Pecorino Romano, for serving
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- Press ‘sauté’ function on Instant Pot and wait for screen to read ‘hot’. Add oil and ground beef, and cook breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and sauté another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leafs, and spices. Give it a stir and secure the lid.
- Make sure the steam valve is set to “sealing” and cook high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Release the steam by carefully moving the valve to “venting”. Adjust salt + pepper, serve with fresh parsley or basil and grated parmesan!