- 1 lb shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large roasted hatch green chiles, seeds removed, diced (equivalent to about an 8 oz can diced green chiles)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 T cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1– 28 oz can white hominy (Pozole)
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- Toppings: chopped cabbage, avocado, radishes, crema, sliced jalapeno’s, chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onions, garlic, and chiles, to the stock pot; saute for 5-6 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken stock and spices; stir to combine.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use a hand blender to blend into a smooth consistency.
- Transfer back to pot, add chicken, hominy and lime juice, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with any of your desired toppings!