Grilled Shrimp Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 16 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 6–8 c chopped romaine
- 1 c cooked quinoa, I used tri-colored quinoa but any kind will work!
- 1 c marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/3 c crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
LEMON GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice (About 2 lemons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place shrimp in a small bowl with olive oil, garlic, and spices; let marinate for 10 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, prep all salad ingredients and place in small bowls, set aside.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl or food processor and whisk/pulse until creamy. Store in fridge.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet or grill pan. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook until tails are pink and shrimp is cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, toss salad and dressing together in a large bowl and serve topped with grilled shrimp.